Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  For those moms out there who are struggling with postpartum depression like I am, I hope that this blog provides some useful insight.  I had previously struggled with waiting to write some of my thoughts down because sometimes, when we are in the thick of things, it is hard to know where to start.  But I think that if I just start by telling my story I will eventually catch up with myself  :)

You may recognize the name of my blog as a song by Five for Fighting, "Chances Are."  There are a few reasons that I chose this song as an inspiration for my blog name.  First of all, it's simply one of my favorite songs!  Secondly, for whatever reason, when my son, Isaac, was a very small baby, this song soothed him.  I would play it and sing it to him very softly while he was going to sleep, and it often (not always!) settled him down.  Finally, I think that the song can easily be related to postpartum depression.  In particular, the line "Nothing lasts forever, no matter how it feels today" truly speaks to me.  It's something I repeat to myself often when I am feeling extremely down and out.  Chances are, I will make it out of postpartum depression, and no matter what, there is no better bet than the love of my son.

Again, welcome.  My hope is that just one person will read and relate to this, and possibly feel just a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment